Diffuser et promouvoir la culture en mathématiques et en informatique déployée dans les sciences agronomiques à INRAE et rassembler la communauté des maths-info INRAE.
Assistant position (Engineer) on Meta-analysis of numerical models for agroecology
Type : CDD ingénieur
Duration : 18months
Applications are invited for a research assistant / engineer position at the French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA). The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary research project on the trade-offs and synergies among ecosystem services across spatial scales (“Agroecology and policy instruments for sustainable multifunctional agricultural landscapes”), financed by the Labex BASC (www.inra.fr/basc). He/She will be supervised by Francesco Accatino (INRA-AgroParisTech, SAD-APT, Paris) and Simon Labarthe (INRA, MaIAGE, Jouy-en-Josas).
The objective of the position is to explore the trade-offs among different ecosystem services (including food production) at multiple spatial scales through a meta-analysis and exploration of existing numerical models dedicated to different fields of agroecology (e.g., land use optimization, epidemiology, population ecology, agronomy, economics).
The tasks devoted to the successful candidate are:
- To study and understand the different numerical models of the project, in dialogue with the researchers that developed them,
- to formalize a set of exploratory scenarios defined with the partners of the project,
- to develop input/output interfaces to adapt the scenarios to the models and implement the meta-analysis,
- to develop post processing tools to aggregate, analyze and visualize the model outputs,
- to perform a sensitivity analysis of the different models to enhance the discussion of the meta-analysis.
More information : http://maiage.jouy.inra.fr/?q=fr/node/918