DU Bioinformatique intégrative (DUBii)
Bioinformatics has become an essential competence for the analysis of various data types : genomes, transcriptomes, proteomes, metabolomes, macromolecular structures, interaction networks. The acquisition by biologists of biostatistics and integrative bioinformatics methods and tools is a major challenge to upgrade the skills of research teams and service platforms. Paris Diderot university proposes in partnership with the Institut Français de Bioinformatique (IFB) the second edition of the Diplôme Universitaire en Bioinformatique intégrative (DU-Bii). This training is intended in priority to biologists looking for professional evolution or retraining, having already acquired some competences (short course, self-training, field experience) in computer science or bioinformatics/biostatistics (Unix environment, Python or R or another programming language).
Prerequisites are described on the université Paris Diderot "DU" portal, which presents the DU-Bii and the complementary DU "Création, Analyse et Valorisation de données omiques" (DUO). The DU-Bii will bring a theoretical and practical training, followed by an immersion time in one of the IFB regional platforms which will mobilize, through a tutored project, the overall methods and tools learned during the courses to fullfill an intergrative bioinformatics personal project. This project will combine data produced in the laboratory of each participant (BYOD : "bring your own data" principle) or collected from public databases.
This training will last for 8 weeks divided between:
- Courses/practicals : 4 weeks at Université Paris Diderot at the rate of 4 on-site days/week (96h) from March 2 to April 2, 2020, with 1 week break on week 12
- Tutored project : 20 days in one of the IFB bioinformatics platforms, to distribute between April 6 and June 19, 2020.
Registration and contact
- Information and applications :
- Registration : see page of DU-Bii de l'Université Paris Diderot
- Paris-Diderot contact :
- IFB contacts : ,
- Session dates: Monday, March 2, 2020 (All day) to Friday, June 19, 2020 (All day)
- Training site: Université Paris Diderot
- Number of days: 40.00
- Number of academic participants: 15
- Training operator: Partnership IFB / Université Paris Diderot
- Charged Organizers: ,